- This event has passed.
Philippine Patrons of the Arts Presents Musikahan! with Maestro Ryan Cayabyab
Sunday, June 25, 2017 @ 6:30 pm
‘Musikahan’ means ‘music-making’ in Filipino, and a trove of local artists and those from abroad will perform OPM (Original Pilipino Music) when Manila and Los Angeles come together in musical celebration!
Reminiscent of the Maestro’s long-running TV show Ryan Ryan Musikahan, stellar performers collaborate with Ryan Cayabyab on the piano and revisit the stages of his career as one of the most prolific and celebrated musical artists the Philippines has produced. Just from the wealth of selections from his ‘eras’ with balladeer Basil Valdez, teen singing group Smokey Mountain, musicals Katy and Rama Hari, one evening won’t be enough! The stage will be filled with voices, young and seasoned, as never witnessed before in a glorious blend of Filipino music and arts.
Current Artist Roster:
- The Ryan Cayabyab Singers, exceptional 7-singer performing group of multi-genre artists mentored by the Maestro, with 2 award-winning albums released in the Philippine market
- Giselle Tongi, actress/model, TV show host and producer
- Annie Nepomuceno, vocalist and music producer
- Miguel Vera, singer / actor from the Philippine stage and “Miss Saigon” Manila
- Edsel Sotiangco, former child performer now lead vocalist of touring band W3 The Future
- Michael Keith, young singer / actor on Nickelodeon TV shows
- The Harana Men’s Chorus, prominent vocal ensemble featured in PBS-Socal TV LA Country Arts Holiday Celebration
- Los Angeles Young Ambassadors, exciting new Children’s Choir
- Josie Gonzalez, Louisa Tampi, and other emerging artists
- Artists from FilamARTS PAN (Pilipino Artist Network)
This concert is conceptualized by the same team that staged memorable events “Serenata Filipina” at the Ford Amphitheatre, “OPM Then and Now with Odette Quesada,” and “The Filharmonic at the Plaza Del Sol” at the Valley Performing Arts Center. Please visit www.musicartsevents.com to see our past events.