July 26, 2019
City of Glendale: City Announces $35,000 Prize Package for Glendale Tech Week’s Pitchfest
For Immediate Release
July 26, 2019
Jennifer Hiramoto, Deputy Director of Economic Development
City Announces $35,000 Prize Package for Glendale Tech Week’s Pitchfest
Glendale, CA: The City of Glendale invites you to apply to participate in Glendale Tech Week’s Pitchfest! Companies selected will compete for a prize package valued at $35,000 in front of a live audience, angel investors, and VC judges on September 19, 2019. Winners will be announced later that day during the Awards Party.
Applications are open to startups with zero-to-nominal revenues not exceeding $250,000. The founder must pitch on September 19 and participate in a coaching session. Companies must be based out of Southern California to participate. The deadline to apply is August 18, 2019.
The prize package comprises a suite of services essential to early-stage startups, including:
- Access to leadership expertise, strategic guidance, and assistance with valuation provided by partners at Black Diamond Ventures valued at $2,500,
- 3 months of complimentary office space for a small team at Industrious Glendale valued at $6,100,
- Setup of 3 digital media channels for marketing, competitive analysis of digital marketing strategy, and running and optimizing a digital marketing campaign for 3 months with $500 of media spend per month from Pastilla valued at $5,250,
- $5,000 in business law consulting and services including incorporation services, drafting of Equity Incentive Plan, and 3 months of Limitless Legal (basic plan) legal consulting and services from LegalLab,
- $5,000 in business evaluation and strategy services, and legal counsel on contracts and third party agreements from Bruno Group, Inc.,
- 6 months of bookkeeping services from Anchor Bookkeeping valued at $1,200,
Advisory board services for strategic planning and investment structuring from Oceanview Capital Partners, Inc. valued at $5,000,
- $5,000 in video production, printing, and copying services provided by the City of Glendale’s Media Graphics,
- A guest presenting spot at the Glendale Tech on Tap meetup,
- A guest spot in the Glendale Tech on Tap podcast,
- A congratulatory ad in a business and technology publication paid for by the City of Glendale,
- 30 minutes of pre-attendance to Meet the Funders VC networking event, and
- Acknowledgement at Awards Party in front of an audience of nearly 500 people.
The selection process will involve a preliminary review of applications, followed by an in-person coaching session. The final judging will occur the day of the Pitchfest. The list of representatives that will participate in the selection, review and judging process is:
- Ara Aslanian, CEO of Inverselogic, Inc.
- Ana Quintana, Managing Partner at Black Diamond Ventures
- Armen Vartanian, Founder of Oceanview Capital Partners
- Alex Bruno, Founder of Bruno Group Inc.
- Ani Torosyan, CEO of DishDivvy
- Stepan Khzrtian, Founding Partner at LegalLab
Companies will have 6 minutes to present their pitch followed by three minutes for Q&A. Companies selected to participate will also have an opportunity to attend an advance coaching session with the judges to perfect their pitch decks and address any pre-presentation questions.
Pitchfest is one of many events lined up for the City of Glendale’s fourth annual Glendale Tech Week. This event supports the Glendale Tech Strategy, which was adopted by the Glendale City Council in 2017 as a way to develop the ecosystem of technology and innovation in Glendale.
A detailed scheduled can be found on www.glendaletechweek.com.
A special thank you to our Pitchfest sponsors as well as Glendale Tech Week’s Title sponsor Phonexa; Platinum sponsors dot818, Glendale Arts, and the Downtown Glendale Association; Gold sponsors ServiceTitan, Age of Learning, Applied Earth Sciences, City of Glendale Water and Power, mobileforming, Professional Development Center, and Beyond Limits; Bronze sponsor City of Glendale Employees Association; and Beverage sponsor ShopSK.